Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tailored for China!


First day in China, a tailor arrived at our hotel. He brought a bagful of magazines with dress designs and fabric samples. It was a little overwheling but we decided on a few outfits and fabric samples. As you can see, I'm totally engrossed in the conversation. Our friend was my interpreter. It was funny to say my sentence, have it translated to Mandarin, and the Mandarin response translated back to English.


After one week, the tailor had several dresses and shirts ready! Hailey chose a deep purple with silver plum blossoms. One of my outfits, I chose a green traditional Hanfu dress.


Here is a picture with our Chinese tailor! He was amazing. I asked him to take in a few inches off a skirt and shirt. I showed him where I liked the material to set. He eye balled the material (he made no marks on the outfits). The outfits came back the next day and they fit perfect.


This is a more formal dress. The piping is made for the right side with hand made butterfly buttons.


This last picture is of two casual shirts the tailor made for Matt and myself. My buttons are on the left shoulder while Matt's traditional shirt has the buttons midline on front of his chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment