Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Lone Star State - but we weren't so lone



The Lazy L Ranch was a great place to spend a week with our family. The ranch was enormous and there was plenty to do. I especially enjoyed spending time with my parents. It's been awhile since all the grandchildren were together. I loved watching my dad patiently helping one of the children with their fishing pole, making a stick to roast marshmallows, or showing them how to start a fire. My mother exercised more here walking to and from places than she had at home in years. This enormous place had an outdoor grill and separate bar. The "teenage" girls were the bartenders. They manned the blender and made some fantastic smoothies. The kids had a great time at the fishing pond. Even though not much fishing was done because the paddle boat was consistently being used. What special memories we shared. Now my nieces and nephews are wanting to visit me at "the ranch". Thanks to all my cousins who had me laughing all weekend. The visit was too short.
























No comments:

Post a Comment