Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hailey's Most Epic Year

Hailey decided to try her luck in running for Eight Grade Student Representative. It warmed my heart to see that spark of motivation fill her eyes. She went to the office and filled the paperwork stating she wanted to be placed on the ballet. She came home and watched endless speeches on youtube and wrote this speech all by herself:

"Hey y'all! I am Hailey and I am running for 8th Grade represenitive… Ya know I had this cool speech
prepared 1 page double spaced size 14 BUT I don’t think I’ll need it.
( Fold up paper and put it on the table )
I just realized in order for me to become representative do not want to read something from a piece of paper, because that is who I am. I think I would be a great representative because I am
here to represent our school as well as all of you! This is our last year of middle school and we want it to be the MOST EPIC year ever! I'm all about thinking positive and cheering people on! :) I have great ideas for the school and would LOVE to share them and discuss your own. I strongly believe that
together we can have awesome parties and make this the best last middle school year ever."

So, Wednesday comes for all the representatives to get up on stage and give their speech. Hailey reluctantly walks up stages, cheeks pink with embarrassment. She smiles, grabs her paper and says:

"Hi my name is Hailey Hemphill. Vote for me for class representative."
(walks off stage)


The results? After all that hard work......You are now looking at the Eighth Grade Class Representative!



No comments:

Post a Comment