Sunday, September 19, 2010

First taste of India


The first taste of India. Matt is there on a conference right now and I thought I'd share a paragraph from the email he sent:
"Just as we got to Frankfurt my nose started running a little, this got worse and worse, with my throat starting to hurt. I am fine though, only got 4 hours of sleep last night because we have to get moving on the conference stuff this morning. Delhi is very humid, it is raining right now and very overcast. It was 80 degrees when we arrived last night, and I suppose it will stay between 80-90 degrees the whole time we are here. Right now i am writing to you from a luxurious very well appointed room, with a tissue stuffed up my nose, looking out over a ridiculously impoverished landscape of shanti homes, apartments, and greenery. Amazing because we are in the diplomatic district were all the rich live...this is very interesting and I cant wait to get out and see some of the town."

2 comments: